30 March 2006

File: History (The Originals)



In high school, my friend Christel and I had this bit. The Olan Mills dorky picture bit. Most people took them seriously, with boyfriends posing sweetly with their girlfriends and the what not. Our group of friends didn't and I have many the photographic evidence.

The above pic being proof. I love these pictures of us. This frame has sat on or near my desk for almost ten years now. Wow.

In college, Christel and I shared an apartment we named Tahiti which, until we found out that Danny Rollings killed someone there, was a great place to live. In any case, we had a cute frog decor, complete with a stuffed frog that smoked a cigar.

I saw the above frogs in Borders right before Christel's birthday this year. (Her birthday is in Feb., so as usual, I'm running a bit late.) I knew I must do a photo shoot with them. And, so it is.

The next phase will be separation, alas. Frog one "Bito" will be sent to Florida to keep Christel company. I will keep frog two "Chito" so I can remember Tahiti.

No comments: