06 March 2006

File: Art, Life, Love

We watched the Oscars last night on the big screen at The Vic. Very fun. I hadn't seen any of the big movies. Two movies I saw: March of the Penguins and Wallace & Grommit. Voted for (and won) March of the Penguins. Voted against (and lost) Wallace & Grommit.

My optimism knows no end. Even though I only got 25 percent of my picks correct (that's 6 out of 24 for the kids in the back row), I still feel like I have a chance of recouping my $3 in the office Oscar Pool. I really feel like I could have a chance. My correct picks: Best Picture (Crash), Best Supporting Actor (dreamy George Clooney), Best Feature Documentary, Best Sound Mixing (King Kong), Best Visual Effects (King Kong), Best Actor (P.S. Hoffman). This does make me want to jump onboard Matt's Netflix train and start renting movies.

We celebrated our second wedding anniversary this weekend with a trip to Starved Rock. It's crazy that we've been married two years, and together for five. I feel so lucky and happy to have found Matt. I'll post pictures from our trip soon.

Special birthday note: Happy Birthday, Karen (I know it was yesterday). Here's to many more penguins!

***Update*** I didn't win the Oscar pool. But, I didn't come in last either. I was a very respectable (for me) third from the bottom.

No comments: