19 April 2006

File: Art

We have a freelancer whose book was just published. I saw it on the front table at Borders, and on a special interest table at Barnes and Noble. It’s kind of exciting, knowing an author.

I say this despite being an author myself (at least a co-ghost-author, a slightly less sexy, but more accurate title).

That said, his book is just okay. The writer is a good one, but the book is just about a certain time in his life. Publisher’s Weekly called it “juvenile,” which is a pretty accurate description, if you ask me.

Yet, I love this book because it inspires me. If this guy can write a book that someone deems worthy enough to publish, what’s stopping me? As part of the spring of stuff that scares me, it’s time. I started two different titles over the weekend.

And here’s one of them:
What Question Do You Most Want Answered? My plan is to ask people all across America (and, hopefully, the world!) this question, find out the answers, and publish them in a book.

I’m not entirely sure how to get the word out. I started on Craig’s list, and have received two questions so far. (Yippee!) As Chicago’s a pretty major market, I almost want to send out a press release, but that does seem a tad garish. Also, I need to get more things in place. Need to get the website up (a one page holder will be fine), need to get a form on the site so people can really send it anonymously, need to get a p.o. box, really need to get an agent/publisher.

Interested? Send me the question you most want answered. You can send it anonymously, or you can send me your city, state, and occupation with it. Or, if you’re a friend of mine, let me know if you want me to use your name or not. By sending me your question, you give me the right to publish your words. Help my dream while finding out the answer to your big question! Send the question you most want answered to: questionyoumostwantanswered@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandi, this is a cool idea. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the website and so forth. Good luck.